It’s the season of giving, and here at First Choice, we’ve got a special present for you to ‘un-rap’ – our brand-new TV ad. You’ve probably got a lot of questions about how this musical masterpiece came about, so here’s the lowdown…
Who are the family in the First Choice TV advert?
Meet the Turners – the all-star, all-rapping family from our TV ad…
Dad Mike and mum Janet…
…and kids Harry and Gracie. Watch out for Gracie, she’s got some sass.
Where is the First Choice TV ad filmed?
The super-sized, All Inclusive resort that features in our advert is none other than Holiday Village Turkey. This beachfront complex is backed by gorgeous mountains and lines up seven pools – so you’ve got one for every day of the week. You can also get stuck into activities like raft-building, crazy golf, canoeing and aeroball, too.
Every Holiday Villages resort comes with a high ropes Aerial Adventure course, and football, swim and stage academies to keep the kids busy. When it comes to dining, there’s something to suit even the fussiest of eaters. You’ve got a big buffet with a special kids section, plus an Italian, Turkish and Asian à la carte to choose from.
Fun filming facts
Wondering how we put the whole thing together? Here are the behind-the-scenes facts you need to know…
• The ad featured 50 pink towels, 50 inflatable rings to fill the pool and 240 light bulbs to create the custom-built stage.
• The whole thing took just 2 days to film – pretty impressive for a masterpiece.
• We had a film crew of 56.
• The 14 cast members had a whopping 50 costume changes.
• One set of outfits were handmade in 30 minutes – you can’t say we don’t work quickly.
• The temperature during filming peaked at 35 degrees, so jumping in to the pool after we wrapped scenes was a must.
• The kids had to do schoolwork between filming – much to their disappointment.
• The food scene took two hours to build, seven minutes to film and two minutes to dismantle. It was truly all hands on deck.
• Between the cast and crew, 600 bottles of water were consumed over the two days of filming.
Where can I download the First Choice advert song?
The First Choice track will be available on iTunes from the 25th of December.
What are the lyrics to the First Choice TV advert song?
Can’t get that song out of your head? Fancy rapping along? Here are those lyrics in full to help you out…
Yo, yo, yo
Let’s go, go, go
A to the I
When it comes to family vacays
First Choice got kung fu skills
The Grand Masters of All Inclusive
Black belts in no bar bills
They’re the czars of spas and swim-up bars
The big kahunas of the beach
The chiefs of reefs and aperitifs
The maestros of all-you-can-eat
Shout A to the I these hols are hella good
You gotta go with the know like you know you should
A to the I these hols are hella good
So go with the know like you know you should
We sip on iced rosie lee with our afternoon tea
Makes a change from gin and juice
We crustacean cray , and nibble fancy pâté
Second helpings of tiramisu
But I ain’t too full, so grab your coat you’ve pulled
Let’s send the little ones off to bed
Quite fancy my chances if you accept my advances
But leave it there, this is pre-watershed
You won’t catch me smuggling budgies
I let my board shorts hang loose and free
No ten tonne wallet bulging out my pocket
And that ain’t no hyperbole
We got all the thrills without the sneaky bills
Hidden extras we pooh-pooh
We’re not being mean but we ain’t flashing no green
Our credit card’s on holiday too
We don’t need to comply when we fly sky high
Jet straight outta Birmingham
There ain’t nothing silly ‘bout a week of willy-nilly
We’re just flexing our own programme
We’re the bosses of our own holidays
We’re the kings of fly and flop
So go mahoosive with the All Inclusive
That’s it, end of story, full stop.